Ham a la King
CREAMED HAM STUFFING
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp butter
3 cloves garlic
10g celery, chopped
20g red bell pepper, diced
20g green bell pepper, diced
30g button mushrooms, sliced
150g The Plaza Premium Baked Ham bits
2 cups cream
salt & pepper
2 sheets puff pastry (store bought)
1 egg, beaten for egg wash
- Pre-heat the oven according to puff pastry package instructions
- Cut out puff pastry using 2 cookie cutters. Use the larger cookie cutter to cut out the shape. Use the smaller cookie cutter inside the area of the cut out shape but only make an indentation half way through the dough.
- Arrange on a tray and brush the shaped pastry with egg wash.
- Pop into the oven for 20mins or according to the instructions on the puff pastry pack.
- In a pan, heat oil then melt the butter and sauté garlic, onions, celery and mushrooms on low heat.
- Add in The Plaza Ham, red and green bell peppers. Saute for 1-2mins.
- Add cream and reduce until desired thickness.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove the top of the puff pastry, where the half indentation was made and stuff the puff pastry with the creamed ham mix.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.